Monday, July 16, 2012

The Mermaid


I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I had a great one.  We had the grandkids this weekend.  We had a lot of fun, but no time to craft.  I cannot believe that July is already half over.  This summer has just flown by.  

I'm back here today with The Paper Shelter's Mermaid.  Isn't she just the prettiest little mermaid.  I've had this stamp awhile, but never colored it up.  It was so much fun to bring her to life in color.  I tried something new.  I didn't have any navy or blue netting/lace, but I had white.  So, I stained it with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  I thought it came out pretty good and was a better match then the white.

Recipe:
Cardstock - CS is SU and DP is Serendipity from The Paper Loft
Digi Image - Mermaid from The Paper Shelter
Die Cuts - MFT Die-namics Rounded Banner Stax and Plentiful Petals
Embossing Folder - Sizzix for SU Square Lattice Folder
Button - Wood buttons from Prima
Glitter - Crystal Stickles
Pearls and Twine - from my stash

Copics:
 

I plan to enter this card in these challenges:

Use It Tuesdays Challenge - #35 - Emboss It!

Crafty Creations Challenge - #178 - Free For All

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #163 - Summer

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - #67 - Photo Inspiration

The Poodles Parlour Challenge - Use a Digi Stamp

Totally Papercrafts Challenge - #125 - Lots of Layers

Pile It On Challenge - #29 - Kick Back and Relax

Paper Pretties Challenge - PPMC48 - Embossing

The Cutie Pie Challenge - #22 - Glitter and Bling

Have a blessed day everyone and thanks so much for dropping by.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Gale the image is beautifully coloured and the layout is stunning. Love the paper's. Caroline xxx

May said...

Stunning card... Gorgeous mermaid... your colouring is fabulous!!! great design & detail... Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy & Fancy... May x x

Haven_mom4 said...

what a beautiful mermaid. Thanks for sharing with us at UIT

Krafty Kows said...

I love this image - beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Anne said...

A beautiful card, fabulous colour work too
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Annie said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Sorry I'm late with my comment! Hugs Ann xxx